The Government has announced that New Zealand moved to Level 4 lockdown from Tuesday, 17th August 2021, 11:59 pm, and has confirmed there are cases of the Delta variant in the community. As always, the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the NZ public is our top priority, along with your MyRepublic service.
Provisioning: For any orders where there is a medical or emergency requirement, MyRepublic will escalate this with our Network Provider.
Where a technician is required to attend your residence, our Network Provider will call you ahead of the appointment to confirm that you are comfortable with a technician visit. If you are not comfortable with a technician visiting your premises, that is okay; our Network Provider can assist with rescheduling your appointment to a future date.
All technicians in the field are equipped with appropriate PPE as per the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health.
Only essential assurance and remediation work (faults) will continue to be completed to meet the needs of our community, where we can do so safely. We also acknowledge that, as we progress through the lockdown period, we may, where necessary, update the approach.
To support the prioritisation of essential business activity, we wish to inform you what works will continue and what has already ceased:
- continue to process remote activation requests whereby a tech visit is not required.
- bitstream plan changes (i.e. speed upgrades)
- build and engineering services work to the extent necessary to keep the network operating.
- No new connections or tech visits will occur over the next three days, our field team have been stood down until change to appropriate alert levels.
- UFF will cancel all previously booked appointments that require a technician to visit an end-user premise or business. UFF will be making phone calls to the impacted customers to update and look to reschedule as the alert levels are reduced.
- Greenfields developments, including pre-connections for homes and businesses under construction.
- Third-party network relocation requests
- Network grooming activities
- Roadworks plant relocations unless Road Controlling Authority activity is continuing for safety or essential transportation routes.
- Non-essential activity inside customer premises (e.g. move ONT, install jack point or additional ONTs)
Thank you for being a MyRepublic customer. Please reach out via our help channels with any additional questions you may have about your broadband service and the impacts of Covid-19.
In the meantime, don’t forget that you can also: