Network and Tech Support
Your TP-Link Deco M5 is purpose built to offer the full potential of fibre, with the added benefit of a highly advanced mesh system. Check out the below guide on how to get it all setup.
Please note that the TP-Link Deco M5 doesn't work on VDSL connections, however it could be used as an AP.
Before you begin
- You should have received a text message from MyRepublic informing you when you'll be connected.
- If a technician is required (usually when it's a new fibre install) please have the router available for them.
- If your services are just being activated (when you already have fibre installed) use this guide to get you connected.
Plugging in Your Router
- Plug one end of the power pack/power cable into an electrical outlet, and the other end into the TP-Link Deco’s power port.
- You should see a yellow light, and then a pulsing blue light that means it’s ready for setting up.
- Connect one end of the supplied grey Ethernet cable to one of the two ethernet ports on the back of the Deco and the other end to Port 1 on the ONT installed by your technician.
Setting up Your Router
The quickest way to setup your new TP-Link Deco is through the TP-LINK Deco Mesh App. You can also scan this QR code:
- You’ll need to login with your TP-Link account, however if you don’t have one, you can create one on the first page.
- Follow the setup steps and confirm the physical connection matches the image.
- It will ask for a connection type, choose Dynamic IP.
- Create your preferred WiFi name and password.
- You can then either finish setup, or add your other Decos.
Getting connected: Landline
On MyRepublic Fibre, your home phone connects to the Fibre ONT (Optical Network Terminal). In some cases, your phone may work through your existing wall jacks. Please visit this guide for more information.
Getting connected: Devices
To get the most out of fibre, we recommend connecting your devices (like laptops and TVs) via an ethernet cable directly to the router. This ensures you get maximum performance to your device.
This can be done by plugging one end of an ethernet cable into an available Ethernet port on the back of the Deco, and the other end into your device.
You can also connect your devices to WiFi to make use of the TP-Link Deco M5’s mesh capabilities. Find the WiFi name you setup earlier in your devices WiFi settings. Enter in the password and you’ll be good to go!
Your device should now be up and running, if you have any issues simply reboot the device and wait for it to power on. If you are still having issues, we suggest taking a look at this guide.