Yes absolutely! - SIM cards generally take 2- 3 business days to arrive once you've placed an order online. You can then choose to transfer your existing number to MyRepublic in our App.
You can then request to keep your number in these easy steps:
Log in to your MyRepublic App using your email address and password, and then you will be routed to another page prompting you to enter a one-time-pin (OTP) sent to your mobile/email address.
In the homescreen, the customer will see a box below that says "Activate/Check Your SIM Card".
You will be directed to the SIM card Identification page. You will need to enter the last 4 digits of the SIM number located at the back of your SIM card.
You will be routed to a page where you need to choose a new number or keep your number.
In this page, you will need to select 'KEEP MY NUMBER'
and choose whether the transfer is 'Prepaid' or 'Pay Monthly'.
If you select 'PREPAID' transfer to MyRepublic you will need to:
- Choose the current service provider eg Vodafone
- The mobile number you wish to transfer to MyRepublic
- The SIM card number of the current service provider eg number on the back of the Vodafone SIM card
If you select 'PAY MONTHLY' transfer to MyRepublic you will need to:
- Choose the current service provider eg 2Degrees
- The mobile number they wish to transfer to MyRepublic
- The account number that appears on your invoice with your current service provider
- Name exactly as shown on your invoice invoice with your current service provider
You will need to review the details correctly and then activate your SIM card.
For 'PREPAID' transfer:
For 'PAY MONTHLY' transfer:
A pop-up message will appear saying an email/SMS will be sent when the activation is completed.