Network and Tech Support
A small batch of TP-Link VR1600v routers were not configured for plug and play for Fibre.
This is affecting S/N batches starting with 32110P9
This means some minor setting changes are required to make sure your new router connects to our network.
Note: This isn't a permanent fix, and will be reverted if you ever factory reset your router. For a permanent solution, jump to the updating firmware section.
- On your computer/laptop or phone, visit a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 and press enter.
- Type admin into both the username and password field. Click Log in
- At the top of the page, click Advanced
- Click Network and then click EWAN
- Untick VLAN ID and click Save
- If you get an error message, simply re-check IPv4 and click save again
Updating Firmware Version (Permanent Fix)
Firstly, download the firmware file by clicking this link, and then pressing Save it to your desktop or onto your phone.
- Once downloaded, go to a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar
- Enter admin into Username and Password, click Log In
- Click the Advanced tab at the top of the page
- On the left hand side click System Tools
- From the new list, click Firmware Upgrade
- Where it asks for the new firmware file, click Browse
- Navigate to where you saved the firmware file on your device, and select it.
- Click Upgrade on the router's page.